On October 22-25, WestEdge Design Fair returns to The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, it will bring the best designers, makers and architects from around the world to the doorsteps of Los Angeles. WestEdge will also proudly debut MADE:MODERN, the highly anticipated new show section showcasing more than 40 independent designers and makers from the West Coast, New York and beyond.
MADE:MODERN designers will feature handcrafted, limited production and one-of-a¬kind, customizable designs in the categories of furniture, lighting, sculpture and accessories. These innovative makers will be accepting custom orders on-site from attendees looking to meet each designer and learn more about their craft.
“In addition to spotlighting essential, high-quality brands like Carl Hansen & Son, Baker, Naula, Jenn-Air, Zia Priven and many others,” says WestEdge Design Fair co-founder, Megan Reilly, “WestEdge is thrilled to focus on handcrafted design this year.” Some of the talented designers hand selected by Reilly and co-founder Troy Hanson include:
– Pamela Sunday – Pamela Sunday’s extraordinary ceramic sculptures inspired the precursor to the MADE:MODERN section, MADE, which Reilly and Hanson launched originally in New York in 2008.
– Jason Mizrahi Designs -LA designer Jason Mizrahi will showcase his latest designs including the Air Chair in copper finish. In addition, Mizrahi will exhibit the Denali table for the first time on the West Coast.
– Matthew Fairbank Design -Brooklyn-based Matthew Fairbank will be treating the West Coast to his collection of furniture and lighting for the first time.
– Ensso -Internationally recognized media mogul and furniture designer Carlo Aiello of Ensso will be showcasing his latest cutting edge furniture.
– blankblank – San Francisco-based blankblank will be showcasing their new furniture and lighting collection.
– J Liston Design -San Francisco favorite John Liston will feature his most recent collection of furniture and lighting, including the iconic Ribbon Chair.
– Sorelle Fine Arts -Headed by sisters Cristina and Laura Capitanio, LA-based Sorelle Fine Arts brings old world Italian craftsmanship to the contemporary design scene. The finest interior designers in Los Angeles and beyond use their exquisite collections of wall coverings.
Code Phrase: I love an Art Party: you know the deal…email the CODE PHRASE to LAArtParty@Gmail.com and you will automatically be entered into the raffle to win 2 tickets!!
Other participating designers include Base 10 Furniture, Bueno Glass, CBM Woodworks, Cimarron Studio, Current Workshop, Damien Jones Art, Jaime Derringer, Iacoli & McAllister, Mike Danielson Studio, Philomela, Shopfloor Design, Wenger Designs, West of Noble, Von Lintel, and Zaxxr Designs, among others. Design Milk is the media and presenting sponsor of MADE:MODERN.
About WestEdge Design Fair
WestEdge is a four-day event that offers the best in modern design, all in an environment designed to engage, entertain and inspire. The fair offers the opportunity to shop from premium home furnishings brands -many new to the West Coast -and meet the designers behind thousands of inspiring products. In addition, attendees gain insight from leading names in the design industry with a full series of educational programs and special events.To view the 2015 Media Partners, please visit: http://westedgedesignfair.com/media-partners/
WestEdge Design Fair takes place October 22-25, 2015. Opening night party takes place on Thursday, October 22 from 6:30-10pm. Tickets are $95 per person and $180 a pair. For more information, visit www.westedgedesignfair.com
Tickets are $25 (admission includes re-entrance).
What: WestEdge Design Fair
Where: Barker Hangar, 3021 Airport Avenue, Santa Monica, CA
When: Thursday, October 22 from 6:30-10pm; Friday 11am-8pm; Saturday 11am-6pm; Sunday 11am-5pm