Dwell on Design returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 23-25, 2017. The annual event brings together the brightest people, latest products, and curated content in modern design under one roof. The exhibition and conference showcases the best in modern design materials, furniture and accessories, home technology, garden and outdoor materials, kitchen & bath, and international design. Dwell on Design features world-class speakers, continuing education classes for interior design professionals, and talks for design-seeking consumers on Saturday and Sunday.
Dwell on Design 2017 Highlights Include:
• Architect Sir David Adjaye will speak on Friday, June 23. Adjaye is a leading architect with prestigious commissions around the world including the Nobel Peace Centre in Oslo and the Smithsonian Institute National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington, DC. There will be a special meet and greet with Sir David following his speech.
• Interior decorator Martyn Lawrence Bullard will appear on Saturday, June 24, as a featured speaker. Renowned for his broad range of styles and eclectic, yet sophisticated interiors, Bullard is a staple of Architectural Digest’s AD100 and ELLE Decors A-List. Martyn will doing a book-signing his new title Design & Decoration following his lecture.
• The popular Home Tours will return giving the opportunity for attendees to explore a selection of unique, design- forward homes located all throughout Los Angeles.
• Attendees can learn about the inspiration and creative vision behind the homes in the Home Tours during Meet The Architects, Thursday, June 22 at the Pacific Design Center.
• Dwell on Design will welcome the Architecture & Design Film Festival at the Dwell Outdoor Pavilion, screening design centric feature and short films.
• The Shop will make is debut where guests can shop unique creations from designer- makers and artisans, exhibited in a boutique shopping setting.
• A Silent Auction that benefits the MADWORKSHOP, will take place with 100% of the proceeds going to their work on the LA homelessness crisis.
• Free One-on-One Consultations from both architects and interior designers are available to all attendees seeking any kind of designadvice for their current or upcoming projects.
• The popular featured panels and sessions with top leaders in design will cover one of the five major content pillars: Technology/Smart Home, Health & Wellness/Aging, Urban Space/Densification, Resiliency, and Business of Design, including Designing a Cook’s Kitchen…Best Practices from Celebrity Chefs and Design Professionals; Psychological + Physiological Effects of Color in Design; and Passive is Aggressive…Passive Design for the Future.
• Returning pavilions include Dwell Outdoor, prefab homes by Method Home and Cocoon9, and the emerging designers pavilion, Prime Edition.
There is a pre-show event taking place on Thursday, June 22 in a different location. The event, Meet the Architects is free to Dwell on Design ticket holders and takes place at the Pacific Design Center, 8687 Melrose Ave, West Hollywood, CA 90069. RSVP HERE to attend.
What: Dwell on Design
Where: Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 South Figueroa St., LA 90015
When: Friday, June 23, 10am – 6pm; Saturday, June 24, 10am – 5pm; Sunday, June 25, 10am – 4pm